By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Sea World crash survivors prepare for injury lawsuits
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Sea World crash survivors prepare for injury lawsuits
World Affairs

Sea World crash survivors prepare for injury lawsuits

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 18, 2025
Share

Daily London

A teenage boy whose mother was killed in the Sea World helicopter collision has joined some other survivors in preparing personal injury lawsuits against the theme park’s operator Village Roadshow.
Nicholas Tadros and his father Simon Tadros today joined with five other people affected by the tragedy to make applications to Brisbane District Court.
Outside court, Ciaran Ehrich, a lawyer representing the crash survivors, said his clients had to make claims within three years of the crash under Queensland‘s Personal Injuries Proceedings Act.
Vanessa Tadros, a 36-year-old from Sydney, was killed along with three other people in one of Australia’s worst air disasters in January 2023. (Supplied)

“We have taken the pre-emptive step to bring those applications so that we can protect our clients’ interests and all entitlements,” Ehrich said.

“The three years expires in January 2026 so claims have be commenced in court by that date.”

Vanessa Tadros, a 36-year-old from Sydney, was killed along with three other people in one of Australia’s worst air disasters when their Sea World joy flight chopper collided with another outside the Gold Coast theme park on January 2, 2023.

Just 25 seconds after take-off, the helicopter she was riding in entered free-fall for 40 metres and crashed on a sandbar.

Simon Tadros was forced to watch the disaster unfold from the shoreline and Nicholas would later have a leg amputated while being treated for his severe injuries.

Helicopter pilot Ashley Jenkinson, 40, was also killed along with British newlyweds Ronald and Diane Hughes – aged 65 and 67.

Simon, Nicholas and Vanessa Tadros. (9News)

Nine passengers across both helicopters were injured.

Judge Ken Barlow today ordered the personal injury applications not proceed until a coroner has made findings into the crash.

The inquest earlier in December heard claims Jenkinson could have been affected by cocaine on the day of the crash.

There was evidence new helicopters with lower pilot visibility could have been rushed into service for the Christmas holidays, counsel assisting Ian Harvey said.

Coroner Carol Lee has adjourned the inquest to February to hear from further witnesses.

“There’s disappointment that the inquest was adjourned but there’s an understanding that it’s not an easy process,” Ehrich said.

“My clients would like (the inquest) done properly and if the parties need further time, so be it … to ensure the actual evidence comes out.”

Nicholas Tadros and Vanessa Tadros in the last photo taken of them before two helicopters collided near Sea World on the Gold Coast in January 2023. (9News)

Sea World owner Village Roadshow Theme Parks sold its joy flights operation to Sea World Helicopters Pty Ltd in 2019.

The Tadros family and several other people have in the past two weeks filed personal injury claims against Sea World Helicopters Pty Ltd in the Queensland Supreme Court.

The inquest heard Village Roadshow still had some involvement in the helicopter operation through ticket sales, audits, and staff drug and alcohol testing.

The Tadros family and the other applicants also named Gold Coast City Council, who approved the Sea World helipad, as defendants in today’s District Court applications

Jetpoint, a company that certified the helicopters as airworthy, and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority were also listed as defendants in the seven applications.

You Might Also Like

Waverley community to give rabbi a key to the city after selfless Bondi act
Warning of tourist disruption at popular holiday spots
Man injured in motorcycle crash after allegedly trying to flee from police
Thieves use angle grinder to steal ‘adored’ bronze Gandhi statue from charity in Melbourne
Woman killed by lightning strike on Sunshine Coast
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Optus triple zero outage: Review finds widespread issues
Next Article Prime Minister Anthony Albanese accepts more could have been done to combat antisemitism

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.