By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Man to spend decades behind bars after strangling Dayna Isaac
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Man to spend decades behind bars after strangling Dayna Isaac
World Affairs

Man to spend decades behind bars after strangling Dayna Isaac

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 19, 2025
Share

Daily London

A cruel domestic violence killer who boasted of his crimes to another inmate will spend decades behind bars for strangling his new partner and desecrating her body.

Paul Jason Sultana, 35, was in an unsettled relationship with 28-year-old Dayna Isaac before tying two electrical cords around her throat and murdering her in January 2023.

“The offender ignored the deceased’s pleas to stop and persisted in his cruel attack on her, which made her last moments full of pain and fear,” NSW Supreme Court Justice Peter Garling said when sentencing Sultana on Friday.

Paul Jason Sultana, 35, will be eligible for parole in January 2056. (Supplied)

“Sheer terror is an appropriate description.”

The judge sentenced Sultana to a maximum sentence of 44 years for the crime, with a non-parole period of 33 years.

Sultana was taken out of court in a stretcher in September after being found guilty of the murder and stabbing himself in the left arm.

Isaac’s murder followed a brief relationship in which Sultana could not accept that she did not want something more long-term.

He took red rope and tape and cycled to her Penrith home in western Sydney, waiting for her to return on the day of the murder.

Dayna Isaac was found dead in her western Sydney home. (A Current Affair)

Once she let him inside, he shoved her into a wall before dragging her to the bedroom area and then strangled her.

Police later found the woman’s body, with her trousers and underwear pulled down.

Forensic testing later revealed Sultana’s DNA on Isaac’s groin area.

Arrested and placed on remand the day after the murder, Sultana later boasted about his crimes to another inmate.

Sultana was taken out of court in a stretcher in September after being found guilty of the murder and stabbing himself in the left arm. (Tom Wark/AAP)

The premeditation, persistent assaults and the degradation of Isaac’s body after the murder were all aggravating factors which increased the prison sentence, Justice Garling said.

Sultana had been convicted over a number of violent offences since 2016 and spent significant stints in prison since that time, the judge noted.

While the 35-year-old had been diagnosed with schizophrenia after his arrest, the court was shown no evidence this contributed to the murder.

Justice Garling called intimate domestic partner violence a scourge in a civilised society.

Sultana’s conduct had to be denounced completely, he said.

“There is simply no place at all in our community for conduct of this kind. It must be marked with significant disapprobation.”

At trial, the 35-year-old denied murdering his partner, saying that he was asleep on the couch and that an unknown third party must have been involved.

Justice Garling rejected this when finding him guilty.

After the murder, Sultana took Isaac’s RAV4 to a remote area of bushland, setting it on fire and destroying it.

Sultana will be eligible for parole in January 2056.

Support is available by calling 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Men’s Referral Service on 1300 766 491.

You Might Also Like

Andrew’s problems not solved yet, even after being stripped of prince title
Hero sneaks up on Bondi Beach gunman, wrestles weapon from him
NSW Opposition Leader Mark Speakman quits hours after claiming rumours of his political death were ‘grossly exaggerated’
Australia’s fertility rate is about to plummet. We want to know why
Man arrested after minivan chase in Melbourne
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Mystery man who ran in alongside Ahmed al Ahmed to confront the Bondi Beach shooter identified
Next Article Tony Mokbel ‘sorry saga’ drags on as retrial left in limbo

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.