By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Tributes to be cleared following National Day of Reflection
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Tributes to be cleared following National Day of Reflection
World Affairs

Tributes to be cleared following National Day of Reflection

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 20, 2025
Share

Daily London

Since the horror’s of last Sunday’s tragedy unfolded in Bondi, the community has come together to remember the 15 lives lost.
Last night was no different – on the eve of the National Day of Reflection, hundreds gathered, turning on their phone lights to shine brightness during the dark time.
On the eve of the National Day of Reflection, hundreds gathered, turning on their phone lights to shine brightness during the dark time. (George Chan/Getty Images)
Waverly Council will clear the floral tributes to make way for a permanent memorial. (George Chan/Getty Images)

But after today’s events, Waverly Council has announced it will clear the massive sea of tributes as it considers a permanent memorial.

“The discussions around a permanent memorial will happen at a later stage,” Waverly Mayor Will Nemesh said.

Signs have been posted around Bondi Pavilion to notify people that the removal process will begin from December 22.

“The Sydney Jewish Museum and the Australian Jewish Historical Society will help collect and preserve the materials,” the sign read.

Signs have been posted around Bondi Pavilion to notify people that the removal process will begin from December 22. (Bondi shooting terror attack memorial)
The council will “respectfully” dispose of flowers, while donating any toys. Some cards and notes will be kept, while others will be recycled. (Getty)

The council will work together with the premier’s department in a process similar to that which followed the Bondi Junction attacks in April last year.

It plans to “respectfully” dispose of flowers, while donating any toys.

Some cards and notes will be kept, while others will be recycled.

While the council is mulling over the idea of a permanent memorial, it is also discussing whether to remove the footbridge the shooters used to commit the terror attack.

The council is also discussing whether to remove the footbridge the shooters used to commit the terror attack. (AP Photo/Steve Markham)

It’s argued it could be a painful reminder for the community of the country’s worst mass shooting since 1996.

But, the mayor said, nothing is confirmed.

“At this stage the bridge will remain where it is for now,” Nemesh said.

Poignant moment surf lifesavers return to Bondi for weekend

If you have been impacted by the terror attack in Bondi, there is support available.

To contact Lifeline Australia, call 13 11 14 or text 0477 13 11 14.

For people under 25 years old, you can contact Kids Helpline at 1800 55 1800.

Both of these are available on a 24/7 basis.

If you wish to donate blood, you can find your nearest donor centre here.

You Might Also Like

Man charged after police vehicle allegedly rammed
Apple issues urgent iPhone update after Triple Zero emergency call testing raises concerns
Rap legend takes Aussie brand to court over name
EV Parking Fines: What are the penalties for petrol cars in EV charging bays?
Evacuees told ‘don’t go home’ as bushfire warnings downgraded
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Children’s author David Walliams denies inappropriate behaviour after publisher drops him
Next Article US seizes another vessel off Venezuela as Trump administration ramps up pressure on Caracas

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.