By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Brand new model scores justone star in key safety tests after seatbelt breaks
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Brand new model scores justone star in key safety tests after seatbelt breaks
World Affairs

Brand new model scores justone star in key safety tests after seatbelt breaks

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 22, 2025
Share

Daily London

Australia’s car safety rating agency has warned passengers not to travel in a brand new Suzuki model after it only scored one star in safety testing.

The Suzuki Fronx, which went on sale in Australia in August this year, has a serious fault with its seatbelts and performed poorly in crash tests, according to a report by ANCAP.

Testing revealed that in a head-on collision, the rear passenger seatbelt retractor failed, resulting in it releasing and sending effectively unrestrained test dummies headfirst into the front seat.

A serious seatbelt fault in the Suzuki Fronx could cause a passenger in the rear seats to become unrestrained in a crash. (Nine)

However, ANCAP highlighted the car had already failed the crash test due to the dummies in the rear passenger seats having too much force placed against their chest.

Testing of dummies mimicking a six-year-old and 10-year-old child also recorded excessive neck tension and high head acceleration.

As a result, the Fronx received zero points in the test.

The car only received a score of 48 per cent in adult occupant protection and 40 per cent in child occupant protection. (Nine)

It only received a score of 48 per cent in adult occupant protection and 40 per cent in child occupant protection, with the latter barely meeting the criteria for a one-star rating.

“The one-star rating reflects the Fronx’s overall crash performance – particularly the performance of its structure and restraint systems – and is not a consequence of the separate seatbelt component failure,” the report said.

Around 1300 Fronx cars have already been sold in Australia.

ANCAP said passengers should not travel in the rear seats of the car until the seatbelt fault and other issues are rectified. (Drive)

ANCAP has urged Suzuki to investigate and fix the problems, and said until this happened, it could not recommend passengers travel in the car.

“ANCAP’s view is that adult and child passengers should not travel in the rear seats of the Suzuki Fronx,” ANCAP CEO Carla Hoorweg said.

“The seatbelt component failure is rare and serious… what concerns us is that this particular vehicle could have been purchased by an ordinary consumer, and in an on-road crash this failure could have had serious consequences for the person sitting in the back seat.”

Suzuki Australia said it takes the report seriously.

“A thorough and disciplined investigation is underway, and Suzuki will take any actions required to uphold our safety standards and the trust our customers place in our brand,” the company said in a statement.

“This review is being progressed with urgency and at the highest levels of the organisation.”

You Might Also Like

One Nation leader wears burqa in Senate chamber in repeat of earlier stunt
Carie and Jon Hallford, funeral home owners, have plea deal accepted for abusing 191 corpses
Teen found stabbed after group seen allegedly wielding machetes at rugby event
‘Lifelong sentence’ for masseur’s sex assault victim
Twins ambushed by machete-armed group after online argurmente park
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article PM Anthony Albanese confirms legislation changes in wake of Bondi attack will include new laws targeting the radicalisation of children
Next Article Gunmen allegedly threw bombs into crowd during attack, court documents reveal

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.