By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Trump bemoans destroyed reputations from Epstein files in first public comments since DOJ release
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Trump bemoans destroyed reputations from Epstein files in first public comments since DOJ release
World Affairs

Trump bemoans destroyed reputations from Epstein files in first public comments since DOJ release

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 24, 2025
Share

Daily London

President Donald Trump bemoaned on Monday the potential reputational damage inflicted on people who appear in photos released as part of the Jeffrey Epstein files, which he insisted were only made public because of an effort to distract from his accomplishments.

The comments mark the first time Trump has addressed the files since his Justice Department released hundreds of thousands of them on Friday pursuant to a new law compelling them to do so.

The measure cleared both the House and Senate with support from all but one Republican and Trump signed it into law; his administration had previously said it did not plan to release any more Epstein materials after a thorough review.

President Donald Trump speaks at his Mar-a-Lago club, Monday, December 22, 2025, in Palm Beach, Florida. (AP)

“A lot of people are very angry that pictures are being released of other people that really had nothing to do with Epstein. But they’re in a picture with him because he was at a party, and you ruined a reputation of somebody,” Trump said during an event in the library at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach club that he claims to have ejected Epstein from in the early 2000s.

“A lot of people are very angry that this continues. A lot of Republicans,” he said, claiming the issue was meant to “deflect against a tremendous success.”

Trump has long sought to downplay his own connection to Epstein – noting, as he did Monday, the two had a falling out years ago – and he has previously warned that releasing files might be unfairly damaging to those referenced in them.

He notably said at Mar-a-Lago he even “hated” to see so many photos of former President Bill Clinton contained in the latest batch of documents released by the Justice Department.

Bill Clinton in a hot tub in a photo from the Epstein files. (US Department of Justice)

Clinton has never been charged with any crimes or accused by law enforcement of any wrongdoing related to Epstein; one of the most publicised images in the DOJ release last week was a picture of Clinton in a hot tub with his arms folded behind his head.

Beside him is a person whose faced is redacted.

“I think Bill Clinton’s a big boy. He can handle it,” Trump said.

A representative of Clinton, meanwhile, shared a statement pn Monday before Trump’s remarks calling on the Justice Department to “immediately release any remaining materials referring to, mentioning, or containing a photograph of Bill Clinton.”

“Refusal to do so will confirm the widespread suspicion the Department of Justice’s actions to date are not about transparency, but about insinuation – using selective releases to imply wrongdoing about individuals who have already been repeatedly cleared by the very same Department of Justice, over many years, under Presidents and Attorneys General of both parties,” said the spokesperson, Angel Ureña, in a statement posted on X.

The Justice Department is facing criticism from survivors of Epstein’s sexual abuse and lawmakers on Capitol Hill over how it has released materials from its investigation of the convicted sex offender.

Though the law required the department to make public “all unclassified records, documents, communications, and investigative materials,” officials did not do so on the Friday deadline, instead releasing a first tranche of files. Lawmakers of both parties said that was unacceptable, with some indicating they would explore legal action.

Michael Jackson, Bill Clinton and Diana Ross in a photo included in the Epstein files. (US Department of Justice)

Survivors asserted that the disclosures were incomplete and improperly redacted.

The department has said lawyers will work in the coming weeks to make redactions to protect victims and alleviate other possible concerns.

As for the photos of himself contained in the Epstein files, Trump shrugged off what he said was a social connection from another era.

“They give you their photos of me, too,” he said. “Everybody was friendly with this guy, either friendly or not friendly, but he was around. He was all over Palm Beach.”

You Might Also Like

How a Reddit tip-off helped uncover Claudio Neves Valente, suspect in university and MIT professor shooting
No sign of new protests in Iran as a hard-line cleric calls for executions and threatens Trump
Medical student, 21, dies a month after Sydney police pursuit crash
Aerial images capture properties hanging off cliffside after landslide in Italy
At least 22 killed, 79 injured after crane collapses onto train in Thailand
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Search for fisherman missing off NSW South Coast scaled back after third day
Next Article Police say group who assaulted tourist at St Kilda accused him of taking photos of people

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.