By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Melbourne father-of-four pleads guilty to wife’s murder
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Melbourne father-of-four pleads guilty to wife’s murder
World Affairs

Melbourne father-of-four pleads guilty to wife’s murder

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: January 21, 2026
Share

Daily London

A man who stabbed his defenceless wife to death and then called emergency services has pleaded guilty to murder.

His wife, Czarina Tumaliuan, was found stabbed to death in the back yard of a Werribee home in Melbourne’s west on March 27.
Father-of-four Jessie James Tumaliuan, 42, accepted a sentence indication of 20 years as he pleaded guilty in the Victorian Supreme Court this morning. (Nine)

Tumaliuan’s barrister Chris Hooper previously told the court the couple had been separated before the murder but his client was continuing to attend their home.

On the day of the killing, Tumaliuan used a key to enter the home intending to confront his wife verbally about money, Hooper said on Friday.

CCTV footage captured some of the murder, including Ms Tumaliuan’s screams as she ran into the back yard, but 10 seconds later the video went quiet.

Hooper said his client accepted the woman was unarmed, while he had equipped himself with a knife.

“No fault is laid at her feet at all,” he said.

“She was defenceless and there were multiple stab wounds.”

But he said Tumaliuan had not visited the house with murderous intent as he was initially unarmed.

Tumaliuan was arrested after his wife was stabbed to death. (Nine)

“Circumstances occurred off-camera … where his intention was not to kill, but to cause really serious injury, that’s his position,” Hooper said.

Tumaliuan called triple zero for assistance three times, the court was told.

Prosecutor Nadia Kaddeche said an assault occurred inside the home before the victim ran outside and she could be heard saying she had been hurt.

“There is no desisting from when she goes outside and it (the assault) continues not on camera, around the side of the house,” Kaddeche said.

Justice Amanda Fox indicated to Tumaliuan she would sentence him to up to 26 years behind bars if he pleaded guilty to murder.

The woman was murdered in Werribee, Melbourne. (9News)

He would have to serve 20 years of that sentence before becoming eligible for parole, she said.

Tumaliuan’s sentence will be formally decided following pre-sentence hearings later in the year.

He appeared distressed after hearing the sentence and refused to stand as Justice Fox exited the courtroom on Friday.

However, after discussing the matter with his lawyer, Tumaliuan accepted the sentence indication as he pleaded guilty to one count of murder today.

“Guilty your honour,” he said, as he stood in the court dock.

Tumaliuan’s trial, which was set to begin in early February, was vacated.

He was taken back to prison and will return to court on March 13 for a pre-sentence hearing.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

You Might Also Like

Over a dozen Aussies charged and 92 children rescued over ‘horrific’ operation in the Philippines
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured lying on unidentified women’s laps in latest Epstein release
Evacuees told ‘don’t go home’ as bushfire warnings downgraded
PM hits out at ‘stunning’ opposition to hate speech, gun reforms
Nicki Minaj surprises conservatives with praise for US President at event hosted by Charlie Kirk’s widow Erika
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article ”Nuisance calls’ partially to blame for Victoria’s Triple Zero benchmark failure
Next Article Susan McDonald, Bridget McKenzie and Ross Cadell resign from shadow cabinet

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.