By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Bail as P-plater ‘singular error’ allegedly kills pregnant woman in Sydney, court hears
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Bail as P-plater ‘singular error’ allegedly kills pregnant woman in Sydney, court hears
World Affairs

Bail as P-plater ‘singular error’ allegedly kills pregnant woman in Sydney, court hears

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: November 21, 2025
Share

Daily London

A childcare worker whose “singular error” allegedly caused a horrific crash, killing a pregnant woman and her unborn child, has been granted release on bail.

Samanvidha Dhareshwar, 33, was walking with her husband and a child in northern Sydney when struck by a station wagon on November 14.

The crash in Hornsby was allegedly caused after the station wagon was itself struck by a luxury sedan driven by a 19-year-old P-plater.

Emergency services at the scene of the crash in northern Sydney. (9News)

Dhareshwar was taken to hospital but she and her unborn baby, due in December, could not be saved.

Aaron Papazoglu made a second bid for bail at Downing Centre Local Court today after his first application was rejected on Sunday.

The university student, who has no previous criminal or driving offences, is accused of speeding up through an intersection when the traffic light changed to yellow, the first bail hearing was told.

Defence barrister Allan Goldsworthy today pressed for the end to the teenager’s seven-night stint in custody, saying there was nothing to show he had any criminal proclivity.

“This case boils down to a singular error on a roadway … albeit with tragic consequences,” he said.

Papazoglu has been charged with dangerous driving and negligent driving, both occasioning death, as well as causing the death of a fetus through the death of a pregnant woman.

A fourth charge, failing to stop at a red light, was added before today’s hearing.

Goldsworthy said the teen was demonstrably of good character and had been self-funding tens of thousands of dollars for his university degree by working at a childcare centre.

His family, including his single mum, were willing to put up their entire savings of $50,000 as surety to ensure Papazoglu attended court, the barrister said.

Family members nodded along, looking concerned in court while these submissions were made.

The police prosecutor said it was up to the court to decide whether bail conditions could mitigate any risk the 19-year-old would pose to the community.

Magistrate Scott Nash ordered the teen be released, finding that sufficient conditions could be put in place.

Papazoglu has been ordered to reside at an apartment in Wahroonga and to report to police once weekly.

He is not to contact any crown witnesses and is forbidden from being in the driver’s seat of any vehicle.

He will not be required to attend when his matter next comes before court on January 13.

You Might Also Like

Shocking video shows shark leaping out of Sydney river near school rowers
Taiwan earthquake 6.6 magnitude shocks felt in Taipei
Why is the US attacking Venezuela?
Police officer injured in Bondi attack wakes from coma, fellow constable home in time for Christmas
New Zealand police recover a swallowed Fabergé pendant after 6-day wait for it to reappear
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Former presidents honour Dick Cheney, while Trump, Vance snubbed
Next Article Teacher ‘unaware’ her sexual abuse of students was harmful avoids $2m payout

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.