By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed reveals ‘trauma’ after seeing new footage of confrontation with gunman
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed reveals ‘trauma’ after seeing new footage of confrontation with gunman
World Affairs

Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed reveals ‘trauma’ after seeing new footage of confrontation with gunman

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: January 12, 2026
Share

Daily London

“I saw a new video of myself from the Bondi attack,” Ahmed said.

Ahmed Al Ahmed said he found a different video of his confrontation with one of the Bondi gunmen. (Reuters)

“Watching it took me back to that moment… I did not choose to be there.

“I chose courage. I chose humanity. I chose to save innocent lives.

“Saving lives changed me forever.”

The video was taken from an alternate angle, from across the car park, and shows Ahmed as he grabbed the firearm and pointed it at the shooter.

The tobacco shop owner said he still “carries the memories of the trauma” but was proud of his heroic act.

He was shot several times during the deadly attack on December 14 after wrestling a firearm from one of the shooters.

“I am grateful to be alive. I am proud of what I did,” he added.

“And I will always stand for compassion, courage, and doing what is right.”

Ahmed travelled to the US last week for more treatment, where he was greeted by the FBI and given a hero’s welcome.

Ahmed said his health has declined while in the US. (Instagram/@ahmedalahmedsydney)

He was seen with his arm in a sling after suffering five gunshot wounds during the terror attack.

While in New York City, Ahmed provided an update to his social media followers and revealed his health had declined.

He shared footage of himself lying in a hotel room bed while surrounded by cameras and visitors.

“I was scheduled to attend several meetings, but due to the sudden swelling in my hand and the severe pain, I had to cancel them all,” Ahmed said.

The 43-year-old seen arriving in LA. (Instagram/@ahmedalahmedsydney)

“When the pain returns after the medicine wears off, I feel discouraged.

“But when I remember that I did what I did to protect innocent people, and that so many people love me and are wishing for my recovery, I feel hope, optimism, joy, and strength rise inside me again.”

Ahmed was globally lauded as one of the several heroes who emerged from the Bondi massacre after the initial footage circulated online.

Sign up here to receive our daily newsletters and breaking news alerts, sent straight to your inbox.

You Might Also Like

Second company recalls alfalfa products over salmonella fears
Sad twist for family of missing schoolgirl Bung Siriboon as mother enters palliative care
US Supreme Court considers overturning same-sex marriage ruling
Minneapolis nurse, 37, seen clashing with federal agents days before deadly shooting
King Charles shares cancer recovery milestone in TV message
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Meta wipes half a million Instagram, Facebook accounts, slams ‘false’ premises
Next Article Reference to Trump’s impeachments is removed from the display of his Smithsonian photo portrait

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.