By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Images of Trump appearing to close his eyes during Oval Office event spread across social media
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Images of Trump appearing to close his eyes during Oval Office event spread across social media
World Affairs

Images of Trump appearing to close his eyes during Oval Office event spread across social media

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: November 9, 2025
Share

Daily London

Images of US President Donald Trump appearing to close his eyes at an Oval Office announcement this week rocketed around social media this weekend, with the president’s opponents seizing on the footage to raise questions about his on-the-job performance.

Trump was participating in an announcement on Thursday about cutting prices for popular weight-loss drugs, speaking from behind the Resolute Desk alongside other officials.

At moments, Trump’s eyes appeared closed, and at others he seemed to struggle to keep them open. He rubbed his eyes at points.

US President Donald Trump appears at an event on lowering drug prices in the Oval Office at the White House on November 6. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images via CNN Newsource)

The images drew swift criticism from Trump’s critics. The press office for California Governor Gavin Newsom, one of the president’s top foils, posted images from the event and wrote: “DOZY DON IS BACK.”

White House spokesperson Taylor Rogers said in a statement to CNN that “the President was not sleeping; in fact, he spoke throughout and took many questions from the press during this announcement which represents a historic reduction in prices for Americans on two drugs that help Americans struggling with diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and other conditions”.

“This announcement by President Trump will save a significant amount of money and countless American lives, and yet the failing, liberal media want to push a garbage narrative instead of covering it,” she said.

Trump appears in public regularly and participates in lengthy question-and-answer sessions with reporters. Aides and Cabinet members routinely praise his stamina and describe receiving phone calls or messages from him at all hours.

A day before Thursday’s event, Trump travelled to Miami for an economic speech that lasted more than an hour. He also completed a three-nation swing through Asia at the end of last month.

US President Donald Trump speaks during an event about drug prices, Thursday, Nov. 6, 2025, in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Still, questions about Trump’s health have persisted since he took office as the oldest man ever inaugurated to the job. The 79-year-old president said last month that he received an MRI during a physical at Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre without saying why.

More than the summer, the White House announced that doctors examined Trump for swelling in his legs and diagnosed him with chronic venous insufficiency. It’s a condition in which valves inside certain veins don’t work the way they should, which can allow blood to pool or collect in the veins.

All presidents, at moments, have appeared tired in public. Even a much younger president like Barack Obama would occasionally rub fatigued eyes during long summits.

Trump has harshly criticised former President Joe Biden for a lack of vigour, labelling him “Sleepy Joe” in last year’s election and continuing to use the moniker. Biden, the oldest president in history, was also seen at moments closing his eyes during public events.

You Might Also Like

Calls for royal to face questions in UK and US after being stripped of titles
Jetstar flights grounded after Airbus announces plane recalls
Search for fisherman missing off NSW South Coast scaled back after third day
Man missing after incident at Central Queensland coal mine
Russia’s nuclear-capable Oreshnik missiles have entered active service
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article ‘Uwan’ makes landfall in the Philippines
Next Article Australia shuts Philippines embassy as ‘super typhoon’ claims lives

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.