By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Man charged over alleged domestic violence double murder in Sydney
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Man charged over alleged domestic violence double murder in Sydney
World Affairs

Man charged over alleged domestic violence double murder in Sydney

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 28, 2025
Share

Daily London

A man has been charged with two counts of murder after a woman and her partner were allegedly stabbed to death in north-west Sydney this morning.
Police are investigating whether the incident is a love triangle gone wrong, with the 47-year-old accused a former partner of the 38-year-old woman.

Just before 5am, emergency services were called to a home in Illabo Street in Quakers Hill after reports of a disturbance.

A woman is dead and a man fighting for life after an apparent stabbing in Quakers Hill, Sydney. (9News)

Police found a 30-year-old man on the footpath who had suffered apparent stab wounds to his stomach and hands.

The man was taken to Liverpool Hospital in a critical condition but he died from his injuries later this morning. He is yet to be identified.

The woman, Anasaini Waqavuki, was found dead inside the home, allegedly stabbed to death in the kitchen.

Police said Waqavuki was previously in a relationship with the alleged killer, and they are working on the belief the incident is domestic violence-related.

Anasaini Waqavuki, 38, was found dead inside the home, allegedly stabbed to death in the kitchen. (9News)

Superintendent Jason Joyce said the scene was challenging for police and paramedics.

“It was a very traumatic incident,” he said.

“Very sad in terms of the time of the year, my sympathy goes out to the family of the deceased.

“Very confronting for my police and emergency services that attended. Obviously not a nice thing to see.”

Neighbours recalled hearing screams coming from the home in the early hours of the morning but were shocked by the news.

Superintendent Paul Joyce said the suspect was previously in a relationship with the woman. (Nine)

“They seemed to be happy, she was always laughing, they seemed like a normal, happy family,” neighbour Wayne Spalding said.

The 47-year-old man was arrested after he handed himself in to Blacktown Police Station about 5.30am and was charged with two counts of murder this evening.

He’s been denied bail and will front court tomorrow.

Multiple crime scenes have been declared, including at the Illabo Street home and at a service station in Woodcroft, where a knife used in the alleged attack was located.

Multiple crime scenes have been declared, including at the Illabo Street home and at a service station in Woodcroft, where a knife used in the alleged attack was located. (9News)

A crime scene has also been declared at a home in Blacktown, where the suspect lives, and at Liverpool Hospital.

Police have urged any witnesses or anyone with CCTV or dashcam footage between 4.30am and 5.30am to contact Crime Stoppers.
Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

You Might Also Like

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
Donald Trump chief of staff Susie Wiles says president has an alcoholic’s personality and much more in candid interviews
Man struck by machete and tree branch during alleged home invasion
Australia records highest number of Indigenous deaths in custody since 1979
Labor rules out AI copyright carveout for big tech companies
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Father charged after allegedly displaying Nazi tattoos on Bar Beach, Newcastle
Next Article Man fighting for life after alleged stabbing near popular Melbourne nightclub

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.