By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Man kills scooter rider over affair
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Man kills scooter rider over affair
World Affairs

Man kills scooter rider over affair

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: November 7, 2025
Share

Daily London

Following his release from prison for an armed robbery, Shaun Baensch heard rumours about his girlfriend’s relationship with Bryce Trower.

He tried to chase Trower, but the 31-year-old rode away on his e-scooter.

Bryce Trower was riding along Foster Road in Norlane when he was hit by a black 2007 Holden Rodeo utility about 6.40pm on December 11. (Victoria Police)

With his girlfriend seated next to him, Baensch returned on December 11, 2023, and followed Trower down his street in the Geelong suburb of Norlane.

“Don’t be an idiot, just keep driving,” Baensch’s girlfriend told him, according to court documents.

He replied: “That’s Bryce, I should get out and hit him.”

Baensch then deliberately drove his Holden Rodeo ute into Trower, who was riding a Segway Ninebot e-scooter near his home on Forster Street.

Trower hit the windscreen, before being thrown seven metres into the air and landing onto the road.

Baensch drove off as nearby residents came out to help Trower, who was declared dead at the scene.

He was unlicensed at the time and the Holden was still registered to its previous owner.

Shaun Baensch arrives at the Supreme Court of Victoria in Melbourne. (AAP)

The next day Baensch removed parts from the ute to prevent it from being identified and moved it to an associate’s residence who refused to have it stored at her home.

She asked a friend – who had no knowledge of the offending – to store it at her home in an unused garage.

When police found the Holden, in April 2024, the windscreen, front bumper, ladder racks, removable sides, toolbox and vehicle identification number had been removed.

In the weeks after Trower was killed, Baensch lied to police and claimed he sold the Holden to a man named Jason Hart, whom investigators discovered died in November 2023.

Baensch joked to an associate about falling off a scooter, saying he had “done a Bryce”.

He tried to get friends to lie to police about the whereabouts of the Holden and told his girlfriend “if I get done … you’re getting done as an accomplice, so you’re just doing half as long as I do”.

He was finally arrested over Trower’s death in May 2024.

Baensch told a friend he was going to hand himself in because he would be “the boss” in prison because he had killed someone.

Initially he lied to police again, telling officers Trower had “fallen” in front of the Holden.

CCTV and images have been released in the hope someone may be able to provide further information (Victoria Police)

But when he was shown the evidence against him, Baensch admitted he drove to Forster Street hoping to come across the victim.

He said he wanted to assault Trower and had previously chased him.

Baensch said he intended to knock the victim from his scooter over rumours he had a sexual relationship with his girlfriend.

“Not knowing if the rumours were true, drove him crazy,” a summary from Baensch’s police interview said.

The 30-year-old, who pleaded guilty to manslaughter and failing to stop in July, faced a pre-sentence hearing on Friday where Trower’s family delivered statements about the impact of his death.

His father Eric said he visited his son’s grave every week to do word puzzles.

“If I knew what was going on, I would’ve taken him away to make him feel safe,” he said in a statement read to Melbourne’s Supreme Court.

Trower’s sister Pauline said she had experienced “profound and relentless grief” and seeing e-scooters in public provided a “constant and distressing reminder of Bryce’s death”.

Baensch will return to court for his sentence at a later date.

You Might Also Like

Bill and Hillary Clinton refuse to testify despite contempt threat
Urgent search for missing swimmer hours after body found at Sydney beach
Man charged after fatal hit-and-run crash in Sydney’s north-west
Social workers to be deployed to schools to stop young Victorians from turning to crime
Monsoon to bring 300mm of rainfall and storms
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Thousands of flights to be cut across US airports amid government shutdown
Next Article Search for hit-run driver after pair seriously injured crossing the road

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.