By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: ‘My alleged attackers were bailed before I got out of hospital’
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > ‘My alleged attackers were bailed before I got out of hospital’
World Affairs

‘My alleged attackers were bailed before I got out of hospital’

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 9, 2025
Share

Daily London

A 22-year-old bottle shop worker who was viciously bashed at his Adelaide workplace has told 9News of the terrifying ordeal.

Matthew Jarrett was on the clock when a group of five teenagers entered the Thirsty Camel in Modbury, and allegedly assaulted him and a customer while robbing the store.

He had to be treated at Modbury Hospital after the incident, which was captured on CCTV on Sunday afternoon.

A 22-year-old bottle shop worker who was viciously bashed at his Adelaide workplace has told 9News of the terrifying ordeal. (9News)

“They did just kinda come into the bottle shop and attack me,” he said. 

“At least two of them throwing kicks, throwing punches. They had me surrounded.

“Both my arms were covered in my own blood, there was blood all over the shop.

“I caught quite a lot in the eye-socket.”

A 75-year-old war veteran was also punched, kicked, and thrown to the ground, as he attempted to stop the gang.

Jarrett said he was shocked at how the quickly the encounter turned violent.

“Once I was in that corner, I was completely backed against the wall. The best I could do was use my legs to create distance,” he said. 

Jarrett said the bottle shop had been targeted by thieves twice in recent days, with another incident also occurring in June. 

Jarrett said he was shocked at how the quickly the encounter turned violent. (Nine)

The 75-year-old victim of the assault is still recovering from head injuries. 

He told 9News he has concerns over the alleged attackers’ quick release on bail, a point agreed to by Jarrett.

 “The children, they were out on bail before I was out of hospital,” Jarrett said.

Police Minister Blair Boyer acknowledged he was concerned by the footage, but said he is confident his government’s reforms are helping to decrease crime.

“We saw arrests very quickly of five people. That’s a good thing, our resourcing of SAPOL is critical here.”

This article was produced with the assistance of 9ExPress.

You Might Also Like

Russia launches mass attack on Kyiv ahead of Trump-Zelenskyy peace talks
Four killed and multiple injured after car crashes into crowded Florida bar
Tennis ace turned MP settles legal claim over stories
Iran protest death toll reaches 3766 amid fears it could be higher
Dog killed after being electrocuted by hidden danger on Sydney footpath
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Decades-old Sydney greyhound track to be torn down
Next Article Woman five times the limit after destructive Adelaide crash

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.