By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Police return to remote property where four-year-old Gus disappeared
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Police return to remote property where four-year-old Gus disappeared
World Affairs

Police return to remote property where four-year-old Gus disappeared

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: January 6, 2026
Share

Daily London

Police have returned to the remote South Australian property where four-year-old Gus Lamont disappeared and have spoken to his family.

The boy was last seen playing on a mound of dirt about 5pm on September 27 at the Oak Park Station homestead, about 43 kilometres south of Yunta.

Intensive searches have failed to locate Gus and the latest was suspended late last year.

Missing four-year-old Gus Lamont. (South Australia Police)

Today, police confirmed they travelled last week to the property and spoke with the heartbroken family.

“We’ve taken statements with the family, we’ve had to go through those statements with the family, and that’s just part of the normal investigational process that we go through,” Detective Superintendent Darren Fielke said.

“We continue to engage with them.

“They went through a pretty horrid Christmas without Gus, and we check-in with the family regularly.”

Lamont was last seen by his grandmother.

About 30 minutes later, he had vanished and a full-scale search was soon launched.

Police and SES volunteers search the area for Gus. (South Australia Police)

Crews comprised of police, emergency services, the defence force and volunteers have combed through the property, mine shafts and bodies of water in what is one of the largest searches for a missing person in South Australia.

They have failed to locate any trace of Gus.

The four-year-old with blond curly hair has been described as a shy but adventurous child. 

His family have said in a statement they are “devastated” and “deeply distressed” by his disappearance.

You Might Also Like

Appalling conditions inside notorious Australian prison found by inspectors
Sea World pilot ‘used cocaine’ day before crash tragedy
Inmate mistakenly released from London prison arrested after more than a week of freedom
Search for hit-run driver after pair seriously injured crossing the road
Teen on bail allegedly stabs 19-year-old on quiet Melbourne street
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article South Australia Police treating disappearance of mother in Roxby Downs as suspicious
Next Article Retired couple lose luxury apartment due to developer’s sunrise clause

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.