By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Searches resume for two people missing at NSW beaches after spate of drownings
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Searches resume for two people missing at NSW beaches after spate of drownings
World Affairs

Searches resume for two people missing at NSW beaches after spate of drownings

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: January 1, 2026
Share

Daily London

A man in his 20s was swimming with a group of friends at Sydney’s Coogee Beach just after 6am yesterday and was last seen struggling in the water.

Further north at Palm Beach, a search is also resuming for a 14-year-old boy who went missing after his boat capsized on New Year’s Eve.

Police searching for a missing man at Coogee beach yesterday. (Lachlan Harper)

A man he was with was saved, but another man died at the scene.

That man was one of three people who have died over the past two days in hazardous beach conditions on beaches across NSW.

A 25-year-old Chinese tourist drowned just after 4am at Maroubra and a 45-year-old woman near Port Macquarie was unable to be revived after being pulled from the water at Dunbogan Beach in the afternoon.

More hazardous conditions are expected today, prompting authorities to issue a stark warning to stay out of the water.

Conditions at Maroubra beach are treacherous. (9News)

Surf Life Saving NSW chief executive Steve Pearce yesterday said there had been a surge in rescues up and down the coast in recent days.

“This spate of drownings and rescues have caught everyone off guard over the new year’s period,” Pearce said.

“We are pleading for people – do not enter the water today, if that beach is closed.”

You Might Also Like

Woman five times the limit after destructive Adelaide crash
Reggae giant and star of landmark film The Harder They Come, dead at 81
US military carries out 20th strike on alleged drug boats, killing four
Police Taser student armed with knife at North Sydney Boys High School
Rural firefighters ‘absolutely gutted’ after $30,000 of crucial equipment stolen
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Aussie cattle farmers dealt blow as China slaps cap on beef imports
Next Article Former Victorian premiers join call for Bondi terror attack royal commission

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.