By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily LondonDaily London
Font ResizerAa
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Reading: Son of high-profile man found guilty of raping woman inside home
Share
Font ResizerAa
Daily LondonDaily London
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Search
  • UK & Europe News
  • World Affairs
  • Tech & Innovation
  • Culture & Society
  • Voices of London
Follow US
© 2025 Daily london. All Rights Reserved.
Daily London > World Affairs > Son of high-profile man found guilty of raping woman inside home
World Affairs

Son of high-profile man found guilty of raping woman inside home

Daily London
By Daily London
Published: December 5, 2025
Share

Daily London

A mother has sobbed in a courtroom as a jury returned guilty verdicts for the son of a high-profile man on two counts of rape.

The son, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, slumped in his seat and dropped his head into his hands as the verdicts were delivered shortly after midday today.

He had denied he digitally raped his friend’s girlfriend at his Melbourne home in the early hours of January 14, 2024.

The man faced a trial in the Victorian County Court. (Nine)

The Victorian County Court jury was told the woman had consensual sex with her boyfriend at the house but then he organised an Uber and left the property shortly before 2am.

The now-convicted rapist then lied, telling the woman her boyfriend would be returning upstairs because his Uber had been cancelled.

It was the offender who went into the dark bedroom a short time later and pretended to be the woman’s boyfriend before digitally raping her twice, the prosecution said.

In the days after, the man doctored an Uber receipt to allegedly make it look like the complainant’s boyfriend had left the house after 2.30am.

The man admitted forging the receipt but said he did so because he panicked after being falsely accused of rape.

Crown prosecutor Jeremy McWilliams told the jury the man had told a series of lies to try to deflect blame.

He urged the jury to ignore the man’s denials and instead believe the victim, who had given clear, consistent and convincing evidence.

Defence barrister David Hallowes SC argued his client was telling the truth and it was possible the woman’s mind was playing tricks on her.

The 12 jurors retired to begin deliberations at 3pm on Wednesday after hearing seven days of evidence and legal argument.

They returned their guilty verdicts shortly after midday.

The man’s mother sobbed after hearing the jury’s decision, while his girlfriend required medical assistance after feeling faint.

Once the jurors left the room, Judge Gregory Lyon asked Hallowes why he should not remand his client immediately into custody, given the seriousness of the offending.

The defence barrister argued his client was a young man and it would be more appropriate for him to be remanded after sentence.

McWilliams said it was usual practice for a person convicted of rape to immediately go into custody and there was nothing unusual in this case to warrant a different approach.

Judge Lyon agreed, noting the offending was also a serious example of rape given the man’s “conscious and deliberate conduct” afterwards.

The judge gave the man a few minutes to speak to his family before he was led away into custody.

He will return to the County Court next Friday for a pre-sentence hearing.

The maximum sentence for rape is 25 years behind bars.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

You Might Also Like

Families describe horror as bushfire engulfed homes
Trump accuses Democratic lawmakers who urged military to disobey illegal orders of ‘seditious behavior, punishable by death’
Diver drowns in cave in South Australia
Nicki Minaj surprises conservatives with praise for US President at event hosted by Charlie Kirk’s widow Erika
Man, 27, charged after alleged stabbing at busy Sydney shopping centre
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Print
Previous Article Families of constables murdered in Wieambilla take legal action against NSW, Queensland police
Next Article New Zealand police recover a swallowed Fabergé pendant after 6-day wait for it to reappear

Stay Connected

16k Like
85k Follow
45.6k Subscribe
Telegram Follow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Interstate crews brought in to help firefighters battle massive blaze
World Affairs
International Olympic Committee grills organisers at Milan meeting
World Affairs
Search for vulnerable woman who disappeared from bus stop nearly two months ago
World Affairs
Man arrested after allegedly mimicking shooting near footbridge
World Affairs

Daily London – The Global Pulse from the UK

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[email-subscribers-form id=”1″]

Daily LondonDaily London
© 2025 Daily London. All Rights Reserved.