Daily London
One of the gunmen was killed while the other was arrested. Here is what we know so far:
The identities of the gunmen have not yet been made public.
One of the shooters was known to authorities but had not been considered an immediate threat, both NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon and ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess said.
It was not known what hospital the surviving gunman had been taken to, but police said he was in a critical condition.
Is anyone else involved in the attack?
There had been reports that there may have been a third shooter, but police eventually clarified that there were only two gunmen.
Burgess said ASIO was urgently investigating anyone who knew the attackers and looking at whether there was “anyone who has similar intent”.
“It’s important to stress at this point that we have no indications to that fact, but that is something we have active investigations on,” Burgess said in a press conference.
Where are police investigating?
Officers swarmed on a property in Bonnyrigg in Sydney’s west in the hours immediately after the shooting.
The property was believed to be the home of one of the gunmen.
Streets were closed off as tactical teams and detectives surrounded the scene.
Large areas of Bondi Beach remained a crime scene through the night as forensic police gathered evidence.
Those devices were removed and the exclusion zone was scaled back but the area remained a crime scene.
Is there an ongoing threat?
Burgess said the national terrorism threat level remained as “probable”.
“I don’t see that changing at this stage,” he said on Sunday night.
“‘Probable’ means there is a 50 per cent chance of an act of terror and unfortunately we have seen that horrific act occur in Australia.”
NSW Police declared a terrorist incident, and those officers will be supported by Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO).
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese confirmed the National Security Committee had met on Sunday night.

