Daily London
Two young boys, aged just one and three, were in a white sedan with their parents, a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman, when the car crashed about 5am off a road in Yatala, 40 kilomtres south of Brisbane.
“The information at this stage would indicate that the male is the driver,” Mark Mooney from Queensland Police said.
A witness driving behind the car, immediately pulled over and took the woman and her three-year-old son to the Beenleigh Police Station in Logan.
“He was in a bad medical way prior to arrival at the police station, and as soon as he arrived, police immediately commenced CPR,” Mooney said.
“Unfortunately, the three-year-old boy has died at the Beenleigh Police Station.”
The man allegedly took off with the other boy, triggering a widescale police search before the pair were later found safe at a home in Beenleigh.
The man and woman had been in a relationship for a number of years but have been separated for about 12 months and a temporary protection order was put in place in June last year.
“The male has been charged today for breaching the domestic violence order,” Mooney said but didn’t rule out possible murder or manslaughter charges being added.
Two child seats were found inside the wrecked car but whether or not the boys were properly buckled in, is still unclear.
The one-year-old remains in hospital for observations, while the mum has been discharged.
The man is set to appear in court on Monday.
In an emergency, dial Triple Zero (000)

